Student Titan Employment Program (STEP)
Through the Student Titan Employment Program (STEP) at UW Oshkosh, we are providing important, high-impact developmental opportunities for our students. Since STEP focuses on the Essential Learning Outcomes, this effort works in tandem with efforts being made through the University Studies Program.
- STEP provides students access to high-impact, campus-based employment opportunities.
- STEP jobs help students develop professional skills while directly performing services that impact the campus community.
- STEP is best viewed and described as part of an effort to advance “learning while working” and an evaluation of our results will be included in the University Assessment Plan.
The STEP position request/authorization process is automated and centralized through an online form. Completed requests are forwarded to the appropriate Vice Chancellor or equivalent division leader (e.g. college deans) for approval.
To request funding for one or more STEP positions for the upcoming academic year, please complete the STEP Position Request form located below.
- Please contact your Vice Chancellor or equivalent division leader for your area’s deadline for STEP Position Request submissions
- They will let you know if funding has been approved for your request.
- All approved STEP-funded positions must be posted for two weeks on “Handshake” through Career Services.
At the end of their employment, STEP students will receive a link to a reflective survey to assess what they learned in this position and how it ties to the Essential Learning Outcomes. Employers will also be asked to complete an online assessment for their STEP positions.
As has been the policy in prior years, eligibility for upcoming year funding is limited to those employing units that have completed the previous year’s STEP Assessment.
STEP funding is only available during the academic semesters.
STEP funding may not be used in summer.
**Please note if a student has work study funds assigned to them, and you hire them as a STEP student, work study funds will automatically pay 60% of their wages and the STEP fund will only be charged 40% of their wages until the work study funds have been exhausted. This is true for all jobs a student has.